Friday, December 9, 2011

Does My Faith Mean Anything?

I am a Christian.  I believe the Word of God.  I know that mankind is sinful, and hostile to God.  I know that I am, at my very nature, a rebel against God... essentially, a God hater.  How can I know this?  Because I do those things that God has told me not to do.  I hate, I covet, I lust, I don't put God first in my thoughts, my time or my desires.

I know that God has provided a way for me to be righteous in His sight.  His son, the God-Man Jesus, came to earth, lived a sinless life, and died as payment for the sins the I would have had t bear.  I have repented.

But does my faith really mean anything to me?  Do I share my faith with others, as I ought?  Do I encourage my wife in love?  Do I reach out to encourage a weak brother.  Do I pray as I ought?  If I say that I love the Word, then why don't I savor reading it?

I truly am a wretched man.  Lord, save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment